MEDFORD WISCONSIN PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD. Monday August 19, 2019
MEDFORD PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD
Monday August 19, 2019
FRANCES L. SIMEK MEMORIAL LIBRARY
CALL TO ORDER: President Dan Miller called the meeting to order at 5:00 PM.
ROLL CALL: Board members present: Dan Miller, John DeBruyne, Laura Holmes and Bethany Leao. Wendy Plawski, Marsha Klingbeil, and Rachel Hackel excused.
SECRETARY PRO TEM:
VISITORS: Library Director Erica Clarkson and staff member Cathy Shaw.
CITIZEN(S) AND/OR DELEGATIONS:
CORRESPONDENCE AND COMMUNICATIONS:
APPROVAL OF BOARD MINUTES FROM PREVIOUS MEETING, July 15, 2019: After review of the minutes, a motion was presented by DeBruyne and seconded by Leao that the minutes be approved. All ayed. Motion carried.
APPROVAL OF BILLS: After review, a motion was made by Holmes and seconded by DeBruyne to approve the detailed bills totaling $20,756.94 and direct charges of $1,859.77. Roll call vote: DeBruyne-Yes, Miller-Yes, Leao-Yes, Holmes-Yes. (4 Yes; 0 No). Motion carried.
DISCUSSION OF INCOME/EXPENSE STATEMENTS: Clarkson reported that the 2019 year-to-date expenditures were 69.84% of the budget.
DISCUSSION/APPROVAL OF LIBRARY REPORT: Clarkson made the following highlights to the July 2019 Library Report:
- YTD circulation is up from last year by 7,699.
- Summer Reading Program up this year with 165 more people signed up.
- Staff attended Hazard Communication Training.
- Adult DVD’s totaled 3,350; Easy Readers this month totaled 3,209.
- Friends of the Library made their Bi-Annual Book Donation of $600.
A motion was made by DeBruyne and seconded by Leao to approve the July 2019 Library Report.
DIRECTOR’S REPORT: Clarkson made the following highlights to the July 2019 Director’s Report:
- Our Library hit record numbers of checkouts twice this summer in the history of our Library.
- Summer Reading Program is now finished.
- Harry Potter Book Night recorded 250 people.
- Air conditioner is being fixed, parts ordered.
COMMITTEE AND OTHER REPORTS:
- Executive Committee—Miller, DeBruyne, Leao
- Policy Committee—DeBruyne, Plawski, Klingbeil
- Budget Committee—Leao, Holmes, Hackel
- Friends Activities—via newsletter
- County Library Board-Miller, Hackel
Discussion/Recommendation: Policy Pages 40-44 reviewed.
SET NEXT MEETING DATE: The next regular Library Board meeting was set for Monday, September 16, 2019 at 5:00 P.M. at the Frances L. Simek Memorial Library.
Adjournment: At 5:25 PM amotion to adjourn the meeting was made by Holmes and seconded by DeBruyne.
Back to Library Home Page