Medford Electric Utility is a municipally owned utility providing electric service to the City of Medford and portions of five surrounding townships.
The utility was formed in 1944 when the City of Medford purchased the distribution system from Lake Superior District Power Company after a lengthy debate and legal battle that began in 1935.
The utility serves over 3,292 customers with 2019 energy sales of 124,020,704 kwh and a peak system demand of 24,156 kw. Medford Electric operates approximately 50 miles of distribution line and 4 distribution substations.
Medford Electric Utility is one of more than 2,000 public, non-profit, community owned electric utilities in the United States (82 in Wisconsin) that provides efficient, low-cost service.
Visit us on